(9/1/17) - Alert for Test Chairs - Qualifications to Judge Pairs Tests (PDF)
(7/6/17) - Alert for Technical Panel Officials - Procedure for Assigning Step Sequence Features (PDF)
(7/9/15) - Alert for Test Chairs - Requirement to Include All Judges' Test Results for Each Reported Test (PDF)
Formal communications coming out of the Technical Group will be announced using a Technical Notification Document. This will be applied to the following types of communications:
1. Clarifications to ISU Communications where the chair has made the determination that the U.S. Figure Skating community should be made aware of the content of the information. This will be done in order to provide clarity and/or further explanation.
2. Errors or clarifications to existing U.S. Figure Skating rules that are deemed to be urgent by the chair of the respective committee. This will include as attachments both tables & charts that are updated annually to reflect program requirements.
Technical Notifications will be issued Thursdays by 5 p.m. MST and will take effect the Monday of the following week, unless otherwise expressly stated. Technical Notifications that are no longer active as of Sept. 1 can be found by clicking on the light blue "Archive" tab to the left.
Information from technical notifications that have been archived can be found in the U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook or in the Calling Clarifications for Novice and Below events.
- Technical Notification #224 - Synchronized Skating - Program Calling Specifications for Capped Elements in the Juvenile and Masters Free Skate (PDF, 10/4/18)
- Technical Notification #223 - Synchronized Skating – Program Component Factors for Juvenile, Intermediate, Adult and Masters (PDF, 9/27/18)
- Technical Notification #222 - Continued Active Status (PDF, 9/6/18)
- Technical Notification #221 - Pairs and Ice Dance - Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens to Enter Qualifying Competitions (PDF, 8/30/18)
- Technical Notification #219 - Synchronized Skating - Calling Specifications for IJS Teams with Numbers other than 16 (PDF, 10/4/18)
- Technical Notification #218 - Synchronized Skating - Specifications for the Pre-Juvenile, Open Juvenile and Open Collegiate Creative Element (PDF, 8/16/18)
- Technical Notification #217 - Pairs - Test Qualifications for Competitions (Pre-Juvenile through Senior) (PDF, 8/16/18)
- Technical Notification #216 - Pairs - Pre-Juvenile Pairs Jump Requirements (PDF, 8/16/18)
- Technical Notification #215 - Singles, Pairs and Ice Dance - Allowance of a Delayed Start or Restart (PDF, 8/16/18)
- Technical Notification #214 - Adult Skating Test Rule Changes - Adult Silver Free Skate, Adult Silver Pairs and Adult Bronze Pairs Tests (PDF, 8/16/18)
- Technical Notification #213 - Singles - IJS Second-Half Bonus and IJS Program Component Factors for the Juvenile Short Program (PDF, 8/16/18)
- Technical Notification #212 - Ice Dance - Changes to Junior and Senior Free Dance Test Requirements (PDF, 7/5/18)
- Technical Notification #211 - Singles and Pairs - Changes to Junior and Senior Test Requirements (PDF, 6/21/18)
- Technical Notification #210 - Ice Dance - Scale of Values for U.S. Pattern Dances with Key Points (PDF, 6/21/18)
- Technical Notification #209 - IJS Tables of Factors for Nonqualifying-Level Events and Scales of Values for Non-Standard Elements (PDF, 9/6/18)
- Technical Notification #208 - IJS Scoring Guidance and Clarifications for Adult Dance Events (PDF, 3/1/18)
- Technical Notification #205 - Free Dance Tests - Minimum Scores (PDF, 3/1/18)
- Technical Notification #200 - Pairs Tests - Minimum Scores (PDF, 10/12/17)
- Technical Notification #199 - Singles Free Skate Tests - Minimum Scores (PDF, 3/15/18)
- Technical Notification #136 - Singles - Spins - Clarification of Difficult Variations for Upright and Layback Spins (9/26/13, PDF)