Technical Panel Officials
New Compliance Requirements
NEW! Starting July 1, 2018, all U.S. Figure Skating officials are required to complete a SafeSport Training Course and submit to and pass a background check, in addition to accepting applicable policies and codes of ethics/conduct (Social Media Policy, Travel Policy, U.S. Figure Skating Code of Ethics, etc.). For additional information and support, please utilize the links below.
Letter to Officials Regarding Compliance Requirements
Detailed Instructions for SafeSport Training
Detailed Instructions for Background Check
SafeSport Program Web Page
Schools and Training
U.S. Figure Skating offers three types of schools/seminars:
1. Continuing Education Schools that do not offer initial certification, recertification or advancement
2. Continuing Education Schools that offer advancement for those already holding nonqualifying and regional appointments
3. National Seminars that offer initial certification, recertification and advancement for all levels
Those seeking initial appointments or recertification can only be certified at a National Technical Panel Seminar, held once per season in singles, pairs and ice dance, and every other season for synchronized skating.
Those who hold a sectional appointment who are seeking promotion to a national technical panel official can only test for promotion at a National Technical Panel Seminar, held once per season in singles, pairs and ice dance, and every other season for synchronized skating.
Those who hold a nonqualifying or regional appointment who are seeking promotion can test for promotion at any National Technical Panel Seminar or Continuing Education School offering testing in their discipline (singles, pairs, ice dance and/or synchronized skating) and position (specialist, controller and/or data operator).
Continuing Education Schools
Technical Panel Continuing Education Schools are offered at designated competitions. These schools provide continuing education and activity credits. Some will also offer opportunities for those holding nonqualifying and regional appointments as specialists, controllers and data operators to test for advancement. Those seeking their first appointment, recertification or a national appointment can only test at the annual National Technical Panel Seminar but are still welcome to attend for education and activity credits.
National Technical Panel Seminars
National Technical Panel Seminars offer initial certification, recertification, advancement, continuing education and activity for current, former and potential technical panel officials. These seminars can also be observed by coaches, athletes and others interested in learning more about the international judging system. U.S. Figure Skating holds one National Technical Panel Seminar per year in each discipline (singles, pairs, dance and synchronized skating).
Schools and Seminars Currently Scheduled
The Technical Panel Committee is holding the following schools and seminars for the 2018-19 season:
- A 2018 Continuing Education School for singles, pairs, ice dance and data will be held Sept. 14-16, 2018, in Salt Lake City, Utah. For more information and to register, please click here.
- A 2019 Continuing Education School for singles, pairs, ice dance and data will be held Jan. 19-21, 2019, in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. For more information and to register, please click here.
- The 2019 National Technical Panel Seminar for singles, pairs, ice dance, synchronized skating and data will be held March 28-31, 2019, in Dallas, Texas. For more information and to register, please click here.
Data Operator Information
VIDEO OPERATOR INFORMATION
Advancement Guidelines and Procedures
Recent Appointments/Promotions and Resignations
The U.S. Figure Skating Directory, which lists all officials' names, appointment types, appointment levels and contact information, can be found on the Members Only site under the "Directory" tab on the right side of the page. To visit the site, click here
Qualifying Competition Selections
For the latest officials selections for qualifying competitions, please click here