- Fan Zone
- U.S. Figure Skating Auctions
- Fantasy Skating
- SKATING Magazine
- Members Only
- Judges & Officials
- Member Services
- Museum & Hall of Fame
- U.S. Figure Skating at a Glance
- Figure Skating A to Z
- Headquarters Staff
- Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- Mission Statement
- Contact Us
Jurisdiction: collecting viewpoints and ideas of parents of active and former competitive athletes; communicating these ideas and viewpoints; informational and educational meetings for parents; providing guidance to parents in their supportive role in the lives of competitive athletes; promoting Codes of Ethics and good sportsmanship; selecting spokespersons for meetings, seminars and camps; preparing and publishing FOCUS for Parents in SKATING magazine.
Parents Committee Chair
For a detailed job description, click here.
- To assist event local organizing committees through liaison with the director of competitions in recommending policies to recognize parents of skaters competing at major competitions (PLCR 2.011);
- To provide volunteer parents to assist with parents' needs at major competitions, such as staffing parents' hospitality room, providing information on housing, buses and tours, etc. (PLCR 2.012). (Note: this should be delegated to the appropriate local organizing committees);
- To delegate a parent spokesperson to attend the Governing Council meeting (PLCR 2.013);
- To prepare "Focus for Parents", for inclusion in SKATING four times a year, with appropriate topics;
- To have the duty and power of enforcing and carrying out the official rules which relate to the matters within its jurisdiction (Bylaws Article XVIII, Section 1).
- To have the duty of formulating rules for the matters within its jurisdiction and of keeping said rules current and up to date. Any rule changes therein so formulated shall be submitted to the Board of Directors for action, and no rules or changes therein shall be effective until approved and published (Bylaws Article XVIII, Section 2, Bylaws Article XXII, Section 3).
Visit the U.S. Figure Skating Parents Committee Facebook page.
Heidi DeLio Thibert