- Basic Skills
- Adult Skating
- Theatre On Ice
- Test Track
- State Games
- Intercollegiate Team Skating
- National Showcase
- National Skating Month
- Solo Dance Competition Series
- Icemen Program
- High School Programs
- Graduating Seniors Program
- Special Olympics/ Therapeutic Skating
- 6.0 System
- Gold Map
Approval Procedure for Hosting a State Games Competition
To improve the quality and uniformity of the State Games competitions, the State Games Committee requires all State Games competitions to apply for a competition sanction for their event.
The competition chair must submit their sanction application and competition announcement to the Sectional Vice Chair (SVC) for State Games at least 30 days in advance of the planned distribution of their competition materials. The SVC for State Games will review the competition announcement for correctness of rules and guidelines insuring compliance with the standardized nonqualifying competition announcement and sanction the event when applicable. The SVC must approve and sanction the competition before the announcement is made public.
If you use Basic Skills events in your announcement for State Games, you must also apply for a Basic Skills competition approval. Exact wording of Basic Skills events is necessary. To help with the Basic Skills part of your announcement and to help with obtaining your Basic Skills approval, please refer to the link in the Resources Box titled Basic Skills Competition Manual.
2. E-mail a copy of your State Games competition announcement, sanction application and/or approval request form to the approval representative for your section at least 30 days prior to the distribution of competition materials.
3. The SVC for State Games must approve and sanction the competition before the announcement is made public. Please do not distribute the competition announcement before obtaining this approval from the State Games SVC.
4. U.S. Figure Skating Headquarters will issue your competition an official approval certificate or sanction and post your State Games competition on the U.S. Figure Skating website.
5. Display this certificate throughout the duration of the State Games competition.
Submit announcement and sanction request to your Sectional Vice Chair for State Games.
EASTERN SECTIONAL VICE CHAIR
MIDWESTERN SECTION VICE CHAIR
PACIFIC SECTION VICE CHAIR