Approval Procedure for Hosting a State Games CompetitionTo improve the quality and uniformity of the State Games competitions, the State Games Committee requires all State Games competitions to apply for a competition sanction for their event. The Sectional Vice Chair for State Games must approve these competitions before the announcement is made public. Also if you use Basic Skills events in your announcement for State Games, you must also apply for a Basic Skills sanction. Exact wording of Basic Skills events is necessary. To help with the Basic Skills part of your announcement and to help with obtaining your Basic Skills sanction, see refer to the link in the Resources Box titled Basic Skills Competition Manual.
Submit announcement and sanction request to your Sectional Vice Chair for State Games.
EASTERN SECTIONAL VICE CHAIR
MIDWESTERN SECTION VICE CHAIR
PACIFIC SECTION VICE CHAIR
1. Fill out the Competition Sanction Application form (see Resources box above).
2. E-mail a copy of your State Games competition announcement, application and approval request form to the approval representative for your section at least 30 days prior to the distribution of competition materials.
3. Please do not distribute the competition announcement before obtaining approval.
4. U.S. Figure Skating Headquarters will issue your competition an official approval certificate and post your State Games competition on the U.S. Figure Skating website.
5. Display the certificate throughout the duration of the State Games competition.