- Basic Skills
- Adult Skating
- Theatre On Ice
- Test Track
- State Games
- Intercollegiate Team Skating
- National Showcase
- National Skating Month
- Solo Dance Competition Series
- Icemen Program
- High School Programs
- Graduating Seniors Program
- Special Olympics/ Therapeutic Skating
- 6.0 System
- Gold Map
Welcome to the Collegiate Skating area of U.S. Figure Skating Online. Here you will find information on the Collegiate Skating Program, including tips on finding and managing a collegiate skating team, information on the U.S. Collegiate Figure Skating Championships, intercollegiate skating and collegiate synchronized skating, and a list of contacts of U.S. Figure Skating staff and volunteers who can answer any questions you may have about collegiate skating.
Skating doesn't end after high school...
Collegiate skating continues to serve as a popular outlet for college-aged skaters. Graduating high school does not have to mean graduating from figure skating. Once enrolled in college as a full-time student, U.S. Figure Skating offers athletes many opportunities to participate in special programs geared toward the student-athlete. A variety of skaters are represented in the collegiate program. Some have been skating since they were young, others learn to skate in college, and yet others return to skating after a long absence from the sport. Regardless of level or experience, collegiate programs offer skaters a great opportunity to make friends with shared interests, assimilate to a new life at school, obtain leadership skills and stay in shape doing a sport they enjoy.
More than 100 colleges and universities offer some type of skating program.
The level and commitment to the program varies by school, but there are many opportunities to stay involved. For the most up-todate list of colleges and universities with figure skating programs, click the "Find a Team" tab to the left.
Don't see the school you want to go to listed? Start your own team! It is a great way to learn valuable leadership and business skills.
Collegiate Membership to U.S. Figure Skating
U.S. Figure Skating offers a special membership for collegiate skaters. A four-year membership can be purchased through your home club for $70*, which is a 66 percent discount from a full membership for four years. It carries the same privileges as a full membership, including a subscription to SKATING magazine, and testing and competition privileges. Figure skating clubs and parents can gift this membership to graduating high school seniors so that they will stay connected to their home club and U.S. Figure Skating.
For a full list of FAQ pertaining to the collegiate membership, click here.
Opportunities for Collegiate Skaters
- Special collegiate membership
- U.S. Collegiate Championships
- Intercollegiate team competitions
- Synchronized skating
- Stay involved - be a coach, judge, technical panel official, accountant, etc.
Facts about Collegiate Skating
- There are NO scholarships available for any type of figure skating, including synchronized skating.
- You should NOT pick your college based on figure skating. While figure skating in college is a great opportunity, the school you choose should ultimately be based on your academic needs. You can always start your own club!
- Collegiate skaters are STUDENT-Athletes. Academics should always come first.