(7/9/15) - Alert for Test Chairs (PDF)
(7/2/15) - Clarification of Axel Requirements in Singles Free Skate Tests (PDF)
Formal communications coming out of the Technical Group will be announced using a Technical Notification Document. This will be applied to the following types of communications:
- 1. Clarifications to ISU Communications where the chair has made the determination that the U.S. Figure Skating community should be made aware of the content of the information. This will be done in order to provide clarity and/or further explanation.
2. Errors or clarifications to existing U.S. Figure Skating rules that are deemed to be urgent by the chair of the respective committee. This will include as attachments both tables & charts that are updated annually to reflect program requirements.
Technical Notifications will be issued Thursdays by 5 p.m. MST and will take effect the Monday of the following week, unless otherwise expressly stated. Technical Notifications that are no longer active as of Sept. 1 can be found by clicking on the light blue "Archive" tab to the left.
Information from technical notifications that have been archived can be found in the U. S. Figure Skating Rulebook (http://www.usfigureskating.org/New_Judging.asp?id=361), or in USAid (the handbook used by technical panels for novice and lower events).
USAid Ice Dancing: http://www.usfigureskating.org/New_Judging.asp?id=356
- Technical Notification #171 - Continued Active Status (9/3/15, PDF)
- Technical Notification #170 - Singles - Calling Specifications for Juvenile - Novice for 2015-16 Season (PDF, 9/3/15) Note: This notification supersedes Technical Notification #155
- Technical Notification #169 - Singles and Pairs - Juvenile and Intermediate New Program Component Factors (PDF, 7/2/15)
- Technical Notification #166 - Ice Dance - Calling Specifications for Ice Dance Novice and Below (PDF, 5/7/15)
- Technical Notification #165 - Adult Skating - 2014-15 Calling Specifications (PDF, 1/8/15)
- Technical Notification #159 - Synchronized Skating - Calling Specifications for Intersection Element and Pairs Element for Teams with Other than 16 Skaters (PDF, 10/9/14)
- Technical Notification #158 - Synchronized Skating - Calling Specifications for No Hold Element for Teams with Other than 16 Skaters (PDF, 10/9/14)
- Technical Notification #156 - Pairs - Juvenile through Novice Levels of Difficulty and Spin Clarifications (PDF, updated 9/18/15)
- Technical Notification #152 - Adult Singles - Calling Clarifications (7/31/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #151 - Competitions - IJS Calculations for Nonqualifying-Level Events and Non Standard elements Scale of Values (7/31/14, PDF) Note: This supersedes Technical Notification #96 (Revised 6/5/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #136 - Singles - Spins - Clarification of Difficult Variations for Upright and Layback Spins (9/26/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #124 - Ice Dancing - Pattern Dance Calling Specifications Clarification for Novice and below (Revised on 6/6/13, PDF)