U.S. Figure Skating Club Webinar - Explanation of the Judging Systems
Join us for a webinar on Sep 17, 2015 at 8:00 PM EDT.
Have you ever looked at the results posted at a competition and wondered what they mean? What are the judges really looking for when they score a skater? Join us on Thursday, September 17th, at 8pm eastern/7pm central/6pm mountain and 5pm pacific, to learn more about the two judging systems used for competitions - 6.0 scoring and IJS. A national level judge and national level accountant will explain the differences between each system and the logic behind the scoring and judging criteria.
U.S. Figure Skating Club Webinar - Using Marketing Tactics to Grow
Join us for a webinar on Oct 15, 2015 at 8:00 PM EDT.
Join us on Thursday, October 15th at 8pm eastern/7pm central/6pm mountain and 5pm pacific, to learn more about using marketing tactics to grow and scale your skating programs. One of the biggest questions clubs face is "how do we grow our membership?". During this Webinar, marketing consultant and synchronized skating coach Sally-Anne Kaminski will share thoughts and ideas on how to increase membership without spending a ton of time and money.
Southgate Civic Center Arena in Southgate, Michigan
U.S. Figure Skating and Detroit Metro Skating Council are proud to present Club Ed Plus, a one-of-a-kind opportunity for club board members, skaters, parents and coaches. All sessions will be held at the Southgate Civic Center Arena in Southgate, Michigan. Please forward this e-mail to all members of your figure skating club that may be interested in attending. The attached Registration form outlines the schedule, time and conveniently permits on-line registration and credit card payment.
For Club Board Members and Chairs | Club Education Seminar
Start the season right with a seminar sure to energize you for the coming year. Representatives from U.S. Figure Skating will discuss new tools available to clubs that not only will help you build on your successes, but help make your club thrive! This session is designed for new and experienced board members and chairs. A lively discussion will be held by Susi Wehrli-McLaughlin, Nicole Anderson, Lainie DeMore, Alan Wolf, Steve Wolkin and more!
Time: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Fee: $75 per club member (beverages & lunch included), $250 for four (4) members
For Skaters | Ultimate Performance Camp, in partnership with Skate Dance Dream
Join Parker Pennington and Friends for a full day of on-ice and off-ice sessions. Learn more about performance execution and interpretation, and end the day with an on-ice performance for all Club Ed Plus attendees. A "goody bag" with fun swag, and a Skate Dance Dream T-Shirt for each registered skater is included!
Time: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Fee: $100 per skater
Parents Education Seminar | Best Practices and Q&A
Guiding your skater through the competitive track can be a challenge. Experts will share best practices for parents and answer skating-related questions in an informative and lively session.
Time: 8:30 am to 10:00 am
Fee: FREE (But please register on-line if you plan to attend)
Coaches' Clinic | On- and Off-Ice Coaching Strategies With Patrick O'Neil
Patrick is PSA Master-Rated in Free Skating and Field Moves. The clinic will focus on teaching techniques to help grassroots-level coaches working with skaters from basic skills through beginning double jumps, and basic spins through beginning flying spins. Bring your skates!! IMPORTANT: PSA has pre-approved this Clinic for four (4) educational credits! A PSA affidavit will be available at the Clinic for use in submitting a subsequent claim to PSA for the credits.
Time: Noon (lunch) and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (off-ice classroom & on-ice work)
Fee: $30 per coach (beverages and lunch included)
If you are interested in hosting a seminar, please contact Susi Wehrli-McLaughlin at email@example.com.
Visit the Member's Only site to view
- Recruit, Retain and Reward Volunteers (1/7/15)
- Basic Skills Program Management (9/18/14)
- Social Media and Online Tools for Clubs (4/24/14)
- Club Financial Management Webinar (3/20/14)
- Real Programs that Work! (11/16/14)
- Governance Refesher Webinar (11/14/13)
- Competition and Testing Tips for Parents (9/19/13)
- SafeSport Program Part Two (8/8/13)
- SafeSport Webinar (7/11/13)
- Hosting an Intercollegiate Competition (3/28/13)
- Adult Skating Webinar (3/21/13)
- High School Webinar (3/19/13)
- Fundraising Webinar (1/17/13)
- Membership Development Webinar, Part Two (10-18-12)
- Membership Development Slides Part One (9-20-12)
- Working with Your Club's Coaching Staff slides
- Air Quality
- Rink Relations Webinar slides
- What Makes Quality Ice
- 2012 Social Media Club Webinar Slides
- Hosting Parent Education Webinar
What they're saying about the Club Education Seminars ...
- "I learned how to be a successful board member. I am a first time attendee and would recommend this seminar to new and seasoned board members"
- "The seminar raised my awareness of what it takes to run an efficient and productive board for our club. I have concrete ideas that I am taking away today that I am excited to implement with my team."
- "It was a great introduction to nonprofit as well as specific U.S. Figure Skating club management information. I feel so much more confident in taking the next step in growing our club."