- Team USA
- U.S. Synchronized Skating Team
- S.T.A.R.S. Off-Ice Testing
- Team USA Prep Seminar
- DREAM Program
- Sports Sciences and Medicine
- Tests Passed/U.S. Figure Skating Gold Medalists
- Special Achievement Awards
- Getting Started in Pairs and Ice Dancing
- Nonqualifying Competitions Outside North America
NATIONAL PROGRAM COMPONENTS CAMP
April 17-19, 2015
Fox Valley Ice Arena, Geneva, Ill.
U.S. Figure Skating's Athlete Development Committee is proud to present the U.S. Figure Skating National Program Components Camp.
This is a national training camp open to athletes who competed at the most recent regional championships.
This year's event will take place April 17-19, 2015 in Geneva, Ill. It will feature on-ice and off-ice classes designed to help competitive skaters improve their program components mark.
U.S. Figure Skating's Athlete Development Department is responsible for the curriculum, faculty and design of this camp. Athletes are assigned to "teams" of 20 skaters of similar skill, age and skating discipline. Athletes stay with their team for the entire weekend and learn in a fun, group environment.
The focus of the camp is on developing skills in a relaxed setting to help competitive skaters improve their scores in the five program components areas: Skating Skills, Transitions, Choreography, Performance/Execution and Musical Interpretation.
All presenters are selected for their expertise in teaching athletes "the second mark" and for their experience in working with groups of athletes. Singles, pairs and ice dancing athletes have the opportunity to focus on developing their inner artist and performer, their skating skills, edges and turns, making friends and having a blast while not having to worry about the technical aspect of the sport!
An IJS tutorial for coaches will be held April 19, 2015
Registration and more information will be available in the Fall of 2014.
- Click here to view the Athlete Information Packet (PDF)
- Click here to view the Coaches Information Packet (PDF)
- Presenters - 2014 Program Components Camp (PDF)
- National Program Components Camp Coaches Information Guide (PDF)
- National Program Components Camp Faculty (PDF)