- Fan Zone
- U.S. Figure Skating Auctions
- Fantasy Skating
- SKATING Magazine
- Members Only
- Judges & Officials
- Member Services
- Museum & Hall of Fame
- U.S. Figure Skating at a Glance
- Figure Skating A to Z
- Headquarters Staff
- Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- Mission Statement
- Contact Us
U.S. Figure Skating Membership Grows Over Previous Year (PDF)
You can become a U.S. Figure Skating member by joining through a U.S. Figure Skating club or becoming an individual member. Note: Club members - please contact your club for registration information.
To join through a club, find a club in your area, and you will automatically be registered for an introductory, full or subsequent membership. Annual fees and additional benefits vary by club. Members of the organization have the ability to do the following:
- Test at U.S. Figure Skating-sponsored test sessions
- Compete at U.S. Figure Skating-sanctioned events
- Participate in U.S. Figure Skating qualifying events
- Represent your club at regional, sectional and national events
- Participate in all sanctioned events events
Members also receive the following benefits:
- Certificates of accomplishment for passing proficiency tests and placing at U.S. Figure Skating qualifying events (athletes)
- Subscription to SKATING magazine
- Individually numbered membership card
- Coverage under U.S. Figure Skating's sports accident insurance policy
- Special offers and discounts from U.S. Figure Skating corporate partners
Of course, being a member of U.S. Figure Skating also means you have the opportunity to become a member of the U.S., World or Olympic Figure Skating Team!
The individual membership is valid from 7/1 through 6/30. The cost of individual membership is $120 per year, which includes an electronic copy of the U.S. Figure Skating rulebook, a subscription to SKATING and a lapel pin (first year only). Additional family members may join at a cost of $52 per year (this does not include a rulebook or SKATING). Late season applicants please note: we do not pro-rate our fees. Individual members receive all the benefits of membership listed above.
Please fill out the Individual Membership Registration Form to become an individual member of U.S. Figure Skating.
The introductory membership is a full membership available to first-time full members at a discounted rate of $25. This membership is available only through a member club. Introductory membership carries the same privileges as a full membership, including a subscription to SKATING magazine and all testing and competition rights. To find a club in your area, use the club search engine.
This is a four-year full membership at a reduced rate for college-aged members, and all skating privileges apply for the four-year duration. Collegiate members may purchase this membership package through any U.S. Figure Skating member club. Each athlete may receive this option only once during their entire skating career. The cost is $70 for a consecutive four-year period - a savings of $90, or 56 percent, over a full membership for the same time frame.
- Carries the same privileges as a full member, including subscription to SKATING magazine, and all testing and competition rights
- Available through any U.S. Figure Skating member club
- Can sign up any time in college; good for a consecutive four-year period
- Not required for applicants to send in college transcripts upon registration
- May only use this option once
- Additional club fees may apply
Why join the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program?
- It is the official learn-to-skate program of the national governing body for figure skating
- Fun, challenging and rewarding skating curriculums for all ages and abilities
- Highest quality instruction
- Bridge to U.S. Figure Skating testing and competitive structure
- Sports accident insurance coverage
- All for a $12 annual membership fee!
In order to join the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program, you need to register through one of the 900 programs across the country; you cannot register individually through U.S. Figure Skating. Session costs will vary from program to program. Once you find a program in your area (use the quick search function on the Basic Skills page), you'll be on your way to enjoying one of the greatest sports around!
When you register for the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program, you will receive:
- An official U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills membership card
- A brightly colored record book with stickers to track your progress through the lessons
- A membership year patch
- Sport Accident Insurance
- General information about ice skating
- Opportunity to participate in group lessons, approved competitions and performances associated with the registered program
- Basic Skills Edition of SKATING magazine
Since 2001, Friends of Figure Skating (FOFS) has provided invaluable support to U.S. Figure Skating athletes and programs through annual membership donations. These contributions provide assistance to skaters of all levels with the goal of helping athletes successfully compete at the local, national and international levels.
New members can join throughout the year, though a traditional membership year is Oct. 1 through Sept. 30 to coincide with the competitive season. For more information about membership benefits, click here.
What are the membership benefits?
When joining Friends of Figure Skating, be sure to select the contribution level that is right for you. Each membership level will include benefits that are commensurate to the level of giving.
All members have the opportunity to attend members-only events and meet the athletes who benefit from your support. Basic membership also includes a subscription to SKATING magazine. As you upgrade your membership, you will receive additional benefits such as access to U.S. Figure Skating's annual media guide, the U.S. Championships video collection and ticket pre-sales and hospitality passes at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships!
Some benefits are priceless - many Friend of Figure Skating members not only build friendships with their fellow members, but with their favorite athletes. Become a part of the team behind Team USA!
Join today and become a part of the growing Friends of Figure Skating family!